Sunday, November 7, 2010

BLOG POST #11

Ms. Cassidy is a very interesting lady. She does not seem scared to push the limit on what her students can do. I do like to see that her students are involved and interested in the technology she offers. I know the she is way a head of the game in regards to what her students can do. I it does help her students later on in life by having a good foundation in technology early since everywhere we turn now of days involves some form of technology. I hope Ms. Cassidy keeps up her ways of teaching her kids the uses and advantages of technology.

When I look at what Ms. Cassidy is doing with her students I really do not see to many connection with what I plan on doing in my classes. I plan to be a science or health teacher and both of those only really need technology for doing research. Skype, twitter, and etc. really will not play apart in my teaching style. I'm not say you should not use these wonderful things I just do not think I will be using them. I would also not want to deal with the administration of my school and have all those permission letter be sent out.

2 comments:

  1. You said, " I plan to be a science or health teacher and both of those only really need technology for doing research. Skype, twitter, and etc. really will not play apart in my teaching style." I must admit, I am a little bewildered by this statement. First of all, I'm not sure what the tools you use have to do with the subject matter. If you think these tools would not be useful for teaching science or health, then what subjects do you think they would be useful for teaching? Secondly, if these kinds of tools are not going to play a part in your teaching style then what is your teaching style? How are the tools you use reflective of your style? SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to say, I kind of agree with Stephen on this. You can use Skype for all sorts of things in science. For example, in the video she was interviewing geologist.

    I also know nowadays they have these programs on SmartBoards that you can use to dissect frogs and to look at the human anatomy. Technology is totally necessary for health and science classes.

    ReplyDelete