Sunday, September 12, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

a. The educational implications for searches such as Google Squared are very high. I never even knew about Google Squared. It is capable of giving you a lot of information in a quick amount of time. For example the info we looked up in the exercise would take 10 to 15 minutes searching each country individually. 
b. WolframAlpha provides information in a easy to read format that saves time and effort.
c. I did not know about Google Squared before this assignment.
d. I did not know about WolframAlpha before this assignment.
e. I knew the Did You Know stats were thrown in there to confuse you and make you think on your feet. At the moment I knew something was not always right about their figures but I feel better after you pointed some of them out.
f. I had a Exercise and Health class at Auburn and our professor warned us about not reading to much in to outlandish statistics so since them I research statistics that I do not feel comfortable about. Either in the way the data was collected or how it is presented is usually what gives it away.

6.

No comments:

Post a Comment