Sunday, September 12, 2010

It’s Not about the Technology

Now this is a teacher that I can get on board with. She is thinking along that lines that I agree with. I love how she pointed out how technology is good in so many ways but can just be a paper weight if not used properly. This total education overhaul that I have recently blogged about must start with better educated teachers and ones that are more technologically savvy. Both of my parents are teachers at the high school level so I feel okay to talk about them but I know they both have Smart Boards in their classrooms and they can barely turn them on. That is not a knock on them but it just shows the gap in our generations. That is why by the time I am full time in a classroom I feel that technology will be used in every classroom properly.

I also agree with Hines in the fact that teachers of today and the future must be willing to learn and never stop learning. I agree with that because technology is going to keep growing and evolving and if teaches do not stay ahead of the curve they will get passed much like my parents did. God love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment