Wednesday, September 22, 2010

BLOG POST #5

Not sure how many of you know and understand podcast but I know I did not before I did this Blog. I have anyways heard about podcast since I have had an iPod for years but in those years I have never used or downloaded a podcast. Thanks to "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better," I figured out where podcast come from and when they started. This article was probably more informative then the rest. My favorite out of the three links that I looked at was the 3rd graders. Eagles' Nest Radio is very impressive. I can only hope my groups podcast is half as good as that one. Those were so very well spoken 3rd graders. The only problem I saw with their podcast was that the music sometimes overpowered what they were says. My last link I checked out about podcast was "The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom" by Joe Dale. This was a more educational look at how using podcast can help in a classroom setting. The most interesting part to me was how a sick student could get the day lecture at their house and still be product for that day at school even though they were sick. I just wish I could have had something like that. I now see and understand podcasting and see it benefits so the sky is the limit.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know too much about podcast either before this assignment. I also agree that the 3rd graders from the Eagles' Nest Radio were very well spoken and impressive doing their podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree those were very well spoken third graders. They did so well because they were engaged and excited about what they were doing. This is the wonderful thing about using an activity like podcasting in the classroom. The students really, "get into it" and therefore the learning is much more meaningful and memorable. The skills these students learned in this podcasting experience will benefit them for the rest of their lives. SS

    ReplyDelete