Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment #3

I am beginning to enjoy Sir Ken Robinson's lectures. I remember the first couple of lectures we watched really upset me and got me going. I'm starting to realize he is totally right. I think I was slow to come around because I come from a long history of teachers and not doing things the way they did just does not feel right. As the World changes we as teachers and a society must change. I firmly believe believe the quickest way to change a society is through it's teachers and professor. I believe this because those lucky people are the one that are shaping the minds of the youth. So I regards to Sir Robinson I feel he is very enlightened and speaking the truth I just feel some of his beliefs well never be a reality. For example he asked why we group kids by age in school? I do not have a problem with grouping kids. For starter kids of the same age act the same and are into the same things. I would not have a problem adjusting some kids grade levels based on their achievement levels but I would not get to radical.

I love the style of the presentation. I really kept my attention and I wanted to learn more. It was kind of just like those UPS commercials on the whiteboard. I am all for any kind of presentation that keeps my attention. During a presentation such as Sir Robinson"s takes some talent. I know the part of the team I would not be a part of and that is drawer. I believe I could be the narrator or possibly the author.  

No comments:

Post a Comment