Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Post 10

     After reading Morgan Bayda's blog, I am relieved to know other students experience the same concentration difficulty as I do. I could not agree with her blog more. When I am sitting in my two hour classes two and three times a day, I find it very difficult to concentrate and participate especially in the last two hour session of class that day. I also find it difficult in the early morning classes as well as the professors with boring monatone. Classes always seem to be more enjoyable when the professors include the students in the lecture topics and allow us to communicate amongst each other to discuss our ideas with each other. Class is usually always more effective when the professor asks the students questions throughout the lecture, this always seems to hold my attention to the material instead starring off into space. Also, if the classes were maybe a little shorter, it would help us students to retain all of the information provided by the professor. Sometimes in these two hour classes, I feel as though the professors try to squeeze all of the material into these two hour sessions, and they may or may not cover all of the material in depth.

     Overall, I feel that classes would be more enjoyable and effective if professors would include the students in the lectures and allow them to participate throughout the class period. Also, I believe that if the class times were shortened this would give us students more time to read and study on our own time outside of class and maybe be more prepared for upcoming test. While I do feel that staying in school and attending class at its scheduled times are important, I feel it is very difficult to hold everyone's attention in one particular topic for two hours especially when we have several two hour classes in one day.

My sentence:
I am trying to better the younger generations with my inspiration of an education degree.        

1 comment:

  1. Pencils?

    You duplicate part of paragraph 1 in paragraph 2.

    Why have lectures at all?

    ReplyDelete