Sunday, October 3, 2010

C4K Summary

C4K assignment #1 and #2 was a very interesting assignment. Being involved and posting on an elementary school student's blog was pretty interesting. For starters an elementary school student having a blog is kinda uneasy to begin with but he did really well on his blogs. In my responses I posted on his blog were simple and strait to the point. I told him I enjoyed reading about him and how I felt he had a good understanding of the world around him. I also told him to keep up the good work and to never stop learning.

In assignment #2 I was assigned to the same student at the same elementary school. In his second blog he kept repeating how important respect was to him and how he believed in it. Respect is a pet peeve of mine too so we saw eye to eye on that as well. Both assignment combined I felt I had a real connection with my student and enjoyed every second of it.

1 comment:

  1. Barry,

    I like your post and on public speaking I did at one time agree with you. I got to know one of the public speaking graduate's who is helping to teach at South pretty good. She explained the concept to me about online public speaking. I thought how can this be. The speaches are still given in class but the lectures are online. It is a blended class but eventually it will be Skype I believe. By doing online more, South is getting students who might have otherwise passed the school by. I personally love the face to face with the teacher but that is not the way we are headed. I like cashiers not self checkouts, I like real people when I call customer service, not a press 1 for English stuff, but I can either evolve and embrace the changes or get left behind. Who knows one day you might be a great motivator by being an online teacher.

    ReplyDelete