Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post #8

1.) Richard Miller's video on how we dream was interesting and brought up some really good points. His main focus was how we as a civilization did not just read book or write like they did 50 years ago. He focused on how everything has went electronically. I myself personal have noticed that too. For example my girlfriend who is currently in nursing school recently bought all E books this semester for her clinicals. It shocked me when she told me but I know we are in modern times.
My overall feeling about Miller's video is kind of neutral. I know E books, word processors, and video lectures are the wave of the future but it will be hard for those to bet a real book, pen and paper, and good one on one lecture. I know those are all ancient and barbaric things but they work and that is how I personally learn.   

http://techliterateteacher.blogspot.com/2009/07/dr-richard-e-miller-discusses-writing.html

2.)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you too. I personally learn better with a one-on-one lecture. I like E books because they are generally cheaper, but I'd prefer one that I can hold in my hand when I need help. Sometimes, computers aren't dependable and if all of your work is on the hard drive, you're pretty much screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a little broader than books or digital. Dr. Miller is talking about educational environments that are no longer uni-modal but multi-modal. These environments will not only stimulate the ears or the eyes but will stimulate minds, hearts, and action. This new educational environment will not be about competition but collaboration. Collaboration between peers, teachers, students, and disciplines. The new ways of reading, writing, networking, teaching, and learning is what EDM 310 is all about. SS

    ReplyDelete